Decorating your home with store-bought art is simple and easy, but have you considered creating your own art? Creating your own canvas can add a unique piece to your décor no one will have because you made it yourself! Paint scraping is a simple way to create your own abstract art piece to your home, and we’ve got all the tips on how to it pull it off.
- Art knife
- Acrylic paints
- Gold leaf
- CommandTM Picture Hanging Strips
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Select three complementary colours for your piece. Randomly place daubs of each paint colour on your canvas.
2. Take your art knife and use it to scrape and spread the paint daubs into the canvas, blending the paints to create beautiful blended patches of colour.
3. Rip gold leaf into pieces and press or scrape into sections of painting.
4. Once painting is dry, apply CommandTM Picture Hanging Strips according to the instructions. Then hang your latest work of art for all to enjoy!